- YouTube – HTC ‚Rosie‘ UI for HTC Hero (Android)
This is how HTC did skin Android (plus adding a handful of new widgets)
- Tips for effective DIY Participant Recruitment for Usability Testing » Cone Trees- User Research & Design
"In case you are not using the services of a professional recruitment agency, or do not have an internal recruitment team that can help you acquire participants for usability tests, here are some tips to help you begin with finding those participants successfully."
- State of the Art – Bing, the Imitator, Often Goes Google One Better – News Analysis – NYTimes.com
"For the last 15 years, Microsoft’s master business plan seems to have been, “Wait until somebody else has a hit. Then copy it.” […] And now we have yet another me-too effort. It’s something called Bing, and it’s the latest iteration of Microsoft’s multiyear attempt to imitate Google.
The name, presumably, is supposed to evoke the sound of a winning game-show bell. The cynics online, however, joke that Bing is an acronym for “But It’s Not Google.” Here’s the shocker, though: in many ways, Bing is better."
- YouTube – Sony Ericsson Rachael UI
Sony Ericson's first attempt of skinning Android
- Philips Research SimplicityLabs
"SimplicityLabs is created by Philips Research as a testing ground for upcoming technologies and applications. It is a means to get your feedback early on, and allows us to improve our applications to suit your needs, well before they hit the market."